Mad River Consulting does business on a handshake. We will not use a contract unless that is your preference. An outline formulated in planning meetings, and verbal discussion and agreement has proven more than ample to reach the desired goals.
The materials you submit for a development project must be your own, or you have permission to use, or they reside in the public domain. Mad River Consulting takes no liability for copyright infringement.
In some cases, Mad River Web provides/loans our photos for use on your website. These remain our property even when we do not degrade their appearance by putting our copyright on them.
For new development projects, a deposit/retainer of 30 to 50% of the initial estimate is requested. Balance will be invoiced in one or two installments.
Website hosting and recurring services (such as IDX) are invoiced quarterly or yearly, are due in advance, and are non-refundable.
Mad River Web maintains a list of client and colleague email addresses for the purpose of communicating individually and/or in bulk any information that meets the following criteria.
- required for maintenance of email, website or hosting account, ACCOUNT
- informative alerts such as email and virus threats, ALERT
- products or services that we believe would enhance your internet presence, NEW
When sent in bulk, the email will be identified in the subject line by the words ACCOUNT, ALERT or NEW. You are offered the opportunity to opt-out of the ALERTs or NEWs.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Mad River Web requires a current credit card**** on file for primary and/or back-up payment purposes.
Invoices are payable upon receipt. Payment may be made by cash, check, MC, Visa, or EFT in US currency. Please make checks payable to Mad River Consulting and mail to the address below.
Invoices are sent the efficient and convenient way, by email.
Interest at the rate of 18% per annum (1.5% per month) will be charged on overdue payments. Client agrees to pay reasonable attorney and collection fees in the event that account becomes overdue. Payment not made within 30 days may result in website and/or email suspension. For accounts seriously overdue, MRW reserves the right to take over
ownership of domain names as collateral. Suspended accounts will be assessed a $40.00 reactivation fee.
We invoice for work outside the scope of hosting support, including time for necessary email correspondence. The minimum charge will be twenty minutes.
We reserve the right to get behind in our billing without forfeiting any right to payment for services provided. We make every effort to stay current with billing and will typically invoice every 6 to 12 months for services to ongoing accounts. We have at times gone 12 months or more between billing for minimal services. If you need us to handle your account any differently than we have, please let us know. If you have any fiscal or calendar year-end requests, please let us know.
In the event of non-payment, MRC will retain, acquire and/or dispose of client assets using professional judgement and due diligence based on the circumstances.
Automated Payments & Services
Mad River Web requests that you set up automatic payment to your credit card for recurring services including the following:
- website hosting on MadRiverWeb (quarterly or yearly)
- participation in VermontIDX (quarterly or yearly)
- domain renewal (yearly or every 5 years)**
- reseller services (quarterly or yearly)
- purchases on your behalf such as links from other services, pay-per-click
promotional services (monthly, quarterly or yearly)
Domains renewals** may be requested up to 120 days prior to your renewal date. Renewals are processed for five years unless otherwise requested. Clients will be charged a 1/4 hour processing fee for renewals less than five years.
*Prices subject to change without notice. View our current rates:
**For those domains with MadRiverWeb designated as the admin contact. MadRiverWeb takes no responsibility for domain renewals for which we are not the admin contact.
***We are happy to have you pay by credit card according to the following schedule:
- no fee within a ten (10) day period from issuance of invoice or when set up as rucurring (we don’t mind losing 3% when payment is made timely)
- after ten (10) days and less than thirty (30) days of issuance of invoice, please pay a processing fee of 2 percent of the total due
- after thirty (30) days of issuance of invoice, please pay a processing fee of 4 percent of the total due in addition to any late fees that may have been assessed
Above schedule may apply to recurring charges when processing has been delayed due to any of the reasons below.
****A $40.00 processing or re-processing fee may be charged:
- for bounced checks
- for rejected credit cards
- when attempts to obtain new expiration dates or new credit card numbers are not answered within 15 days of request
- when your lack of contact, late contact, or unclear instructions results in our spending time unnecessarily
- when unreasonable efforts are expended in managing the account, i.e. emails and/or phone calls not returned timely resulting in multiple contact attempts made
Terms are subject to change without notice.