Tech Support is provided for hosting and alias/domain email. In the event of a hosting or email problem, email us (if possible) for fastest response. BUT FIRST…
- Please be sure your question or problem is related to the hosting of your website by MadRiverWeb, or an email address containing your domain name, i.e. not madriver.com or gmavt.net, etc.
- If you or a customer cannot access (view) your site, please “refresh” or “reload” first. Then check to see if you can view other nearby websites (in the event that local or distant networks are down or busy rather than a server problem). In some cases the electronic route taken from one side to the other of the Green Mountains involves a trip through New York City as well.
- If either of the above problems exist, email for hosting problems, or for domain email problems. Obviously if you can’t email, call.
- If you need assistance with the content or functionality of your website or have hosting or email questions related to other service providers, this is not an emergency. Please contact us by non-tech support form at right (or below on mobile), email, or phone.
- Email is our preferred method of communication. It is cost-effective, allows efficient and defined transmittal of information and attachments, and provides a record of communications.
- We no longer maintain a fax number due to decreasing need.
- You are welcome to alert us of support needed by text, but please provide details by email or when we connect by phone.
WordPress updates are included in hosting. You may also do these yourself. Although we vet all plugins we use, your website may contain plugins that we did not specify. Plugins are not always updated quickly after WordPress updates, so we generally wait a couple weeks before updating and recommend you do the same. Ask us if you need help.
A website is a dynamic entity. When the scope of a plugin changes such as in a major update, we may feel the need to do testing or evaluation after update. This support will be provided at our hourly rate upon your approval or prior agreement. If updates cause presentation or functionality issues, we will use our best judgement and repair the problems on billable time. We do use reliable and vetted plugins to maximize performance and minimize issues.
Although we strive to deliver the utmost in service and reliability by choosing performance platforms, difficulties will periodically be encountered. Industry standard service levels are generally quoted at 99.9% up-time. With 525,600 minutes in a year, 0.1% downtime equates to 8 hours, 45 minutes. Servers will go down or experience degraded performance for various reasons, but the interruptions are generally short due to rapid troubleshooting.
In addition to daily backups, WordPress includes version control and we use a history tool–all designed to retrieve content you may have lost or adversely altered. Recognize that any means of retrieving lost content involves time and potential cost. Let us know as soon as possible if you experience undesirable results after updates.