Mad River Consulting does business on a handshake. We will not use a contract unless that is your preference. An outline formulated in planning meetings, and verbal discussion and agreement has proven more than ample to reach the desired goals.
The materials you submit for a development project must be your own, or you have permission to use, or they reside in the public domain. Mad River Consulting takes no liability for copyright infringement.
In some cases, Mad River Web provides/loans our photos for use on your website. These remain our property even when we do not degrade their appearance by putting our copyright on them.
We wish to have an ongoing relationship with our clients.
There are times when we will notice something wanting/needing attention. We request that clients allow us to work and hour or two proactively so that these tasks can be accomplished on the spot rather than taking the time to request permission, summarize, and split the effort into two sessions. This often results in cost savings and a “thank you.” Please let us know if you do NOT agree to this.
Mad River Web maintains a list of client and colleague email addresses for the purpose of communicating individually and/or in bulk any information that meets the following criteria.
- required for maintenance of email, website or hosting account, ACCOUNT
- informative alerts such as email and virus threats, ALERT
- products or services that we believe would enhance your internet presence, NEW
When sent in bulk, the email will be identified in the subject line by the words ACCOUNT, ALERT or NEW. You are offered the opportunity to opt-out of the ALERTs or NEWs.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Invoices are payable upon receipt. Payment may be made by cash, check, credit card (see below*), or EFT in US currency. Please make checks payable to Mad River Consulting and mail to the address below. Please use credit cards via link to PayPal at right (or below on mobile).
Invoices are sent the efficient and convenient way, by email.
We invoice for work outside the scope of hosting support, including time for email correspondence response. The minimum charge will be twenty minutes.
For new development projects, a deposit/retainer of 30 to 50% of the initial estimate is requested. Balance will be invoiced in one or two installments.
Website hosting and recurring services (such as IDX) are invoiced quarterly or yearly, are due in advance, and are non-refundable.
Domains renewals** may be processed up to 120 days prior to your renewal date. Renewals are processed for five years unless otherwise requested. Clients will be charged a 1/4 hour processing fee for renewals less than five years or when we are not the website host or developer.
- **…for those domains with MadRiverWeb designated as the admin contact and within our control. MadRiverWeb takes no responsibility for domain renewals for which we are not the admin contact.
We reserve the right to get behind in our billing without forfeiting any right to payment for services provided. We make every effort to stay current with billing and will typically invoice every 6 to 12 months for services to ongoing accounts. We have at times gone 12 months or more between billing for minimal services. If you need us to handle your account any differently than we have, please let us know. If you have any fiscal or calendar year-end requests, please let us know.
Interest at the rate of 18% per annum (1.5% per month) will be charged on overdue payments. Client agrees to pay reasonable attorney and collection fees in the event that account becomes overdue. Payment not made within 30 days may result in website and/or email suspension. For accounts seriously overdue, MRC reserves the right to hold any available client assets as collateral. Suspended accounts will be assessed a $40.00 reactivation fee.
In the event of non-payment, MRC will retain, acquire and/or dispose of client assets using professional judgement and due diligence based on the circumstances.
Reality: Fortunately there have been very few instances of having to implement the above conditions. We believe this is because we deliver quality product and service with integrity, value, and attention to client needs.
Please go to PayPal link upper right (or below on mobile) if you wish to make an on-line credit card payment (no PayPal account necessary) or set up a recurring payment through your PayPal account.
*We are happy to have you pay by credit card according to the following schedule:
- no fee within a ten (10) day period from issuance of invoice or when set up as recurring (we don’t mind losing 3% when payment is made timely)
- after ten (10) days and less than thirty (30) days of issuance of invoice, please pay a late fee of 2 percent of the total due
- after thirty (30) days of issuance of invoice, please pay a late fee of 4 percent of the total due in addition to other late fees that may have been assessed
Above schedule may apply to recurring charges when processing has been delayed due to any of the reasons below.
A $40.00 processing or re-processing fee may be charged:
- for bounced checks
- for rejected credit cards
- to reactivate suspended accounts
- when unreasonable efforts are expended in managing the account
If you have a PayPal account, Mad River Web invites you to set up automatic payment (in advance of renewal) to your credit card for recurring services including the following:
- website hosting on MadRiverWeb (quarterly or yearly)
- domain renewal (yearly or every 5 years)
- reseller services (quarterly or yearly)
- purchases on your behalf such as links from other services, pay-per-click promotional services (monthly, quarterly or yearly)
Terms and pricing are subject to change without notice. This page updated 6/8/21.