Goal: Using WordPress create a multi-site serving selected content to four sub-site divisions of the parent company.
Dynamic content is currently “included” in various areas of the sites and managed using a custom admin. Only News behaves as regular posts. Each other type could become a custom post or simply a widget or block within WordPress.
- “Messages” are like custom posts which are shown on multiple/selected home pages under the slider images. These are currently shared across sites with an active checkbox and a checkbox for each company to be displayed on. Five currently exist.
- “News,” which can be created as regular blog posts, are a) listed on a news page, https://www.reesemarshall.com/resource-latest-news-posts.php, as well as highlighted on b) the home page and c) the Resource Center main page, https://www.reesemarshall.com/resource-center.php (shared across sites similar to above). Sixteen exist with a few not currently active.
- Testimonials are like custom posts which are shown a) on an “/about-testimonials.php” page on each site, b) optionally “included” within home page carousel, and c) if desired, within selected pages such as /services-service-agreements.php in two sites (NOT shared across sites). There are currently about ten per site.
- “Hours” are like custom posts displayed in multiple formats (NOT shared across sites) within selected sidebars and all footers, https://www.reinhardthomeheating.com/about-reinhardt-home-heating.php.
- There are also various “includes” pulled into spots such as accordion footers, /fuels.php. Perhaps these can be blocks (if we keep the accordions). An example can be seen at the bottom of each accordion panel on https://www.reesemarshall.com/equipment-heating-equipment-hot-water.php.
I would like feedback on the complexity of programming the “Zip Code Locator.” The tool can be demonstrated starting from this page, https://www.reesemarshall.com/become-customer.php and corresponding pages on the other three sites. If you enter “13124,” the answer is “yes” and you can view the list of zips served by this company which are also entered in the database. If you enter “05673,” the answer is “no.” If you enter “13425,” the answer is “alternate” and the database is cross-referenced to display the other companies when applicable. Please price this as its own line item so we can make a yes/no decision on including it in the project.
There are four forms on each site, one of which is quite lengthy and presents the input for review before submission, i.e. https://www.reesemarshall.com/new-customer-agreement.php. You can easily test it to that point if you want to see the review page without submitting. Please price this one form as a line item including purchase of plugin if necessary.
The division of work for 1 – 5 will be as follows.
The existing database tables will be imported with WPAllImport. The main site will be fully populated with the post content to be shared. Unless otherwise requested, the custom posts will be established using the plugins Advanced Custom Fields by Elliot Condon and Custom Post Type UI by WebDevStudios as needed.
You will recommend the best methods to display and share content across sites. For example, for regular News posts, do they get ghosted within each site interface, and can the client also post News within one site if desired or will all posting (even for one site only) be within the parent site? For example, will testimonials be displayed as an archive page and shared within the home page carousel and selected locations with a block or widget? Will hours be best inserted as widgets in sidebars and footers or should we skip the sidebars and use full width pages with columns and reusable blocks? If #5 would be other than blocks, please recommend.
You may make the best recommendations for 6 and 7 such that we can prep the content to keep your costs down. If the zip code portion of the database should be imported differently than with WPAllImport, please specify. We have experience with Ninja Forms but not with Gravity Forms and can set up the form if desired; you will implement the review process.
The basic structure/layout/theme of the site will be done on WPEngine using a Genesis child theme and ready by Dec. 31. The project MUST be completed, test, ready to launch by March 31, so it would be good for you to plan on completion by Feb. 28.
Please let me know anything needing clarification. Happy to discuss by appointment.